Office of Development : Annual Fund
Hampton University's official record of alumni participation in giving.
Annual participation in giving is powerful proof of Hampton University’s greatness—and its worthiness of support. Yet despite its excellence, Hampton only ranks middle of the road in annual participation among its peers. A movement is stirring to change this, and Hamptonians are leading the way. They are giving every year to impact everyday.
The Annual Fund is the foundation on which our students, faculty, programs – and alumni – stand. We need your support now more than ever to underscore Hampton University’s excellence and to:
- Support students who need financial assistance to stay in school.
- Increase alumni participation giving rate. We are currently lagging behind Spelman, Claflin, Bennett, Morehouse, South Carolina State, Johnson C. Smith, Lincoln, and Fisk.
- Enhance the quality and reputation of our University, improve our ranking, therefore, the value of your degree.
- Show corporations and foundations that alumni are supporting Hampton so they should support Hampton as well.
- Strengthen the credibility of our University and enable it to continue to attract experienced faculty and highly driven students.
- Contribute to our alma mater to help keep it relevant and secure.
Each and every gift – no matter the size – makes an impact. Your tax deductible gift will be evidence that those who share our past believe in our future.
To increase alumni participation and, in particular, unrestricted support of the University, and to inspire Hamptonians to give a gift every year.
Lead the Way
Hampton University seeks to expand its network of alumni volunteers who encourage giving within their circles through the Hamptonians for Hampton movement. For more information, contact:
Ciarra McEachin '05
Director of the Annual Fund